Whether you're working from home or are in the office, these nutrient packed collagen snack bars are the perfect, healthy snack or breakfast, made by Mascha Davis, a registered dietician nutritionist. Naturally sweet and gluten free, chewy, with plenty of fiber, protein, and antioxidants to nourish you and keep you full until your next meal.
Collagen Breakfast Bars
- Preparation 10 minutes
- Serves 16
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or instant oats
- 2 scoops of collagen (replace with plant based protein powder if desired)
- 1 cup of nuts and seeds (your choice!), chopped into 1/4” pieces
- 1/2 cup prunes, chopped into 1/4” pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup Just Date Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix them together well with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
- Now, transfer the mixture into the baking pan and make sure it is even, packing it down as much as possible with the spoon or something sturdy like a glass. Cover and put into the fridge overnight. Lift the bars out of the container and slice into four columns and four rows, making 16 bars.
- Wrap the bars individually in parchment paper (don’t store them together or they will stick). You can keep them in the fridge for up to two weeks or two months in the freezer.
Made by Mascha Davis, a R.D. Nutritionist and founder of Nomadista Nutrition, a LA-based private nutrition practice