Pomegranate Chocolate Sauce
A decadent and bright pomegranate chocolate vegan sauce to top a cake, waffles or pancakes, ice cream, or drizzle on toast, this simple treat is packed with antioxidants and nutrients, but satisfies a sweet tooth using Just Date's Just Pomegranate Molasses and a few other ingredients.
- Preparation 5 minutes
- Serves 3-4
- ¼ cup Just Pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup plant milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a small pot. Once butter or oil is melted, add your milk of choice and cocoa powder to the pot and stir until evenly combined.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until it reaches a thicker, syrup-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and pomegranate molasses. Allow to cool before pouring over ice cream, waffles, french toast, or pound cake.
Created and photographed by Hannah Zimmerman @bitesizedstudio