Spring Breakfast Pizza with Mozzarella, Asparagus and Prosciutto
This healthier breakfast pizza dish is the simple showstopper that every Spring brunch needs! Featuring bright herbs and vibrant spring flavors, this is simple to assemble and unites two of life's greatest joys - breakfast and pizza. Perfect for family or a crowd!
- Preparation 10 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pre-made dough ball (feel free to use an allergen friendly mix like Simple Mills, or make your own)
- One fresh mozzarella ball (8 oz.) (or vegan! we love Miyokos)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella (or vegan! we love Miyokos)
- Prosciutto (2 oz.)
- Asparagus (1 small bunch, about 7-8 asparagus), cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3 eggs
- Chives (optional)
- Micro-greens (optional)
- 1.5 Tbsp Just Pomegranate Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick (or follow accordingly with chosen pizza dough)
- Place the dough on the sheet pan
- Tear the mozzarella ball into pieces and spread all over the dough, leaving 3 wells (aka open spaces) for the eggs. Follow the fresh mozzarella with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, keeping the wells in tact.
- Add the prosciutto over the mozzarella and then finish with the asparagus.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of shredded mozzarella, making sure to get some over the asparagus pieces
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden. While the pizza is baking, crack each of the three eggs into separate small bowls.
- Pull the pizza out of the oven and carefully add each egg into each well. It's totally ok if your egg wells have been covered a bit with the melted cheese. (Optional: add chopped chives at this stage)
- Place the pizza back into the oven for another 8 minutes until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with Just Pomegranate Molasses and any microgreens or fresh greens, chili flakes, and citrus. Place on a cutting board and carefully slice into squares.
Valerie Six of Six Snippets