Sweet + Sour Brussel Sprouts
We are so floored by this blog post from Elena at Urban Kitchen Affair (@alenka007). She has been so kind to give us not only a rave review on her blog, but also share this incredibly delicious recipe - we can affirm that we've tested, tried, and made it twice since her post last week! Elena is just one of those beautiful people you meet in life - incredibly talented, sweet as can be, and we are just so happy to know her. There's no use in taking our own photos, because hers are so incredibly beautiful, there's no need to repeat. The recipe is below, and you can find her full blog post here.
- 2 lbs purple brussel sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate vinegar
- 4 tbsp just date syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400. Toss brussels sprouts with canola oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, in a cast iron skillet. Roast, tossing halfway through, until softened and cut sides are brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, date syrup, fish sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add brussels sprouts and toss to coat; transfer to a serving platter. Top with cilantro.